Yal I got diastasis recti. Bad. Again. Over 4 finger widths at my postpartum appointment. The midwife said PT or therapy and I knew I had to get my ish together.
I literally hadn’t been doing ANYTHING not wearing my binder not doing any exercises, nothing. I was bitter. It wasn’t fair I had to. I should enjoy this time. Blah blah blah all that ish sounds good on Instagram but the truth is I AINT TRYNA GET SURGERY. Continue reading “Postpartum fitness – the core”
My shake has been a LIFE SAVER this entire pregnancy. When I was nauseous in first trimester – this was 1 healthy meal i could always stomach. It also keeps me from having to take prenatal vitamins and helps a lot with the tummy troubles I have during pregnancy (aka constipation lol). However – I’m no doctor so please do like I do and consult with your OB or midwife before starting any supplements while pregnant.
I’m usually a plain shake girl. In fact most days you can catch me shaking up a chocolate shake in some almond milk or a strawberry shake in water and orange juice. But on those days I have time and want a treat – these are my top 3 recipes 😋.
Continue reading “Favorite shake recipes!”
If you know anything about me and my fitness journey – you know I love Shaun T. Shaun T is how I started my fitness journey (t25) and he’s also why I became a coach. I love his energy, his personality, his life story – all of him. I’m a fan lol.
So it’s no shock that I’m so excited for his new 20 minute workout program launching in April. The good news? Us VIPs can start on JANUARY 14th! Check it out!
WHAT IS TRANSFORM 20?
Transform :20 is a fast, super-intense fitness program created by Super Trainer Shaun T that will transform your body—and your mind—in just 20 minutes a day over 6 weeks. Be forewarned—it’s hard. But the results will be worth it. Transform :20 is a breakthrough total-body workout without breaks. It’s just you, Shaun T, and a Step. After 5 minutes, you’ll be out of breath, at 10 minutes you’ll be sweating, in 15 minutes you’ll be looking at the clock, and by minute 20 you’ll be done. You’ll blast your core, legs, glutes, and upper body—no weights required (but there are 6 BONUS workouts with weights, YES!) There’s a different workout every day, 6 days a week, done in real time with the cast. No do-overs and no repeats.
Transform :20 is divided into three 2-week chapters: COMMIT, CLIMB, CONQUER. In each chapter, the moves evolve and get harder. Daily Transformer challenges will push you physically, and daily Shaun-Firmations will help get your mind focused and keep you motivated. The Beachbody® Nutrition Guide has been tailored to Transform :20 to make sure you’re getting the nutrients and fuel you need throughout the program to help you achieve your best results. It also explains how to incorporate Portion Fix® or the 2B Mindset™ into your eating plan. Finally, weekly behind-the-scenes videos, “Transform Your Life with Shaun T,” feature Shaun T and the cast as they discuss their own challenges, with the goal of motivating everyone to stay committed and strong.
WHO IS TRANSFORM :20 FOR?
- People with all levels of fitness
- Busy people- this is your official reason to let go of the excuse that you don’t have time to workout, because ANYONE can make time for 20 minutes for their health
- People looking for a simple at-home solution! This was key for me when I started working out because I didn’t want to drag my kids to the gym and get a babysitter and I didn’t have the time to do it all.
- Those needing motivation and support
- Shaun T fans
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN TRANSFORM :20?
- 2 Prep Workouts – Do these before you begin the program to get an idea of what’s to come! You can do those in December in my VIP launch group. We are going to be doing Shaun T’s prep schedule as a group.
- 36 Unique Workouts – Each day has a different 20 minute workout done in real time with no do-overs or repeats to keep you engaged and motivated.
- 6 Bonus Routines – These can be done in addition to your regular workouts or on days off.
- 6 Bonus Weighted Workouts – These full-body workouts utilize dumbbells to take your workout up a notch. I added the weighted workouts when I did round 2 and it was perfect to up my results.
- Transformers – Each workout features three 1-minute physical challenges that repeat weekly. You use the tracking sheet that comes with your kit to write your number of reps for each transformer and the goal is to beat out your number from the week prior.
Materials & Tools
- Get Started Guide- A complete overview of the Transform :20 program and workouts, plus 5 simple steps to do before beginning the program.
- Get Ready To Transform- A video overview of the Transform :20 program and all available materials and tools.
- Step Safety- A video that outlines how to safely use the Step for all moves.
- Beachbody Nutrition Guide- Tailored specifically for Transform :20, this guide will give you a simple, easy-to-follow eating plan along with recipes, food lists, and smart eating tips. This guide also incorporates our nutrition shake, Shakeology – or the performance line (OR BOTH! :)). Shakeology helps you get all your nutrients for the day to fight cravings and keep your body fueled. Performance line includes preworkout/postworkout shakes to help your body recover and prevent soreness.
- 6-Week Transformation Tracker- You can keep track of your fitness, weight goals, and daily workouts. Plus, you’ll get Shaun-Firmations, daily words of wisdom from Shaun T, to help keep you focused and in a positive headspace. Transform :20 is all about transforming body AND mind.
- Wall Calendar/Tracker- (DRY ERASER FRIENDLY!) An overview of each day’s workout with space to track progress and daily Transformer challenges.
- Hybrid Calendar- Follow this calendar if you plan on incorporating the 6 BONUS weighted workouts. It’s the same 6 days a week for 6 weeks schedule with the weighted workouts folded in.
TEST GROUP RESULTS:
Want more info?? Click here to talk to me about getting started! I’d love to do this with you in January!!
In January – we all decided to run the Marshall half marathon. I was training. I was NOT runner at any time in the past but I bought some shoes and got out there. 1 mile at a time. I worked my way up to an 8 mile run at less than 10 min pace by May.
My sister IS a runner. She ran last year’s Marshall half marathon in 2:10. HOW SWAY. She used running in the past to control her depression. She lost 80 lbs of weight with diet and running and lifting. She is an amazing inspiration.
Continue reading “You can do the hard things – 2018 MU Marathon”
I’m 18 weeks pregnant and everyone has been fussing at me to get more than 5 hours of sleep 😂😂. So I have but it’s cut into my blog time.
As a quick update – I feel awesome and cute. I only got dressed 2x this week but that’s ok 😂. I also organized under the sink in the bathroom in my nesting escapades.
Started my next fitness program and I’m feeling great. This week was only 15 minutes – next week goes to 25.
Anywho, a real post will come soon but for now – Here’s some pics of my pregnancy flyness over the past couple weeks.
Yal. I’m getting big – so people have been asking me about my next fitness plans.
Honestly I still feel great – I haven’t started to feel off balance yet. Other than being sleepy I don’t feel much different. So my plans haven’t changed!
On 10/22 I’m starting a newly revamped program called Shift Shop with some of my new challengers :). We are starting out with a prep week and then going into the program.
What is SHIFT SHOP?
SHIFT SHOP is Chris Downing’s breakthrough conditioning program that has helped thousands of people of all fitness levels see maximum results in minimal time. The program starts you off slow, alternating between cardio and strength workouts-then gradually increases the intensity week by week.
Starting Oct. 22, the SHIFT SHOP will incorporate the Proving Grounds – two new workouts that score your performance against the clock with a series of challenges that test your speed and strength. You’ll swap out one Speed workout and one Strength workout for Proving Grounds workouts every week.
Workouts are from 15 – 45 minutes in length and a modifier is ready.
Not sure it’s for you? Try a free sample workout here!
Contact me to get everything you need to get started on 10/22! There are currently 4 spots available for this group.
transformation pics under the cut
Continue reading “Fitness plans! 17 weeks”
Yal know my beezy bee is a picky eater, right? Always has been. And when I was his age I was too so I try to be understanding.
Today I told him we were going to start eating more fruits and veggies. Somehow, from that he translated that we were going to have blueberry cookies.
Soooo I took a peanut butter cookie recipe and modified it and added some blueberries.
About 1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp of Nutella
About 1/4 cup of flour
A splash of water
1 whole banana
Continue reading “Blueberry cookies? Eh.. sure!”