So I’m back at it with painting my futniture. You may remember from the last time I did some furniture rehab. Sooo here we go, we bought a new comfy chair for our bedroom and it is gray. We had to rearrange the entire room to fit this chair, and it ended up with our chest of drawers directly by our night stands. The problem?
Our night stands are mine from college. I got them from Big Lots. And our dresser and chest are mix matched too, though they’re nice and real wood (given to us by a friend). So all the woods are different colors.
Brian couldn’t stand it lol. So I promised him I would paint the night stands and dresser. So I picked a day and got to it. I’m 13 weeks pregnant so it’s not like the fatigue is going to go away anytime soon lol. Just had to push through.
As usual I used my favorite value chalk paint by Rustoleum. I like it because of the price point (about half the price of the Lowes brand) AND the quality. I also bought some chalk paint brushes which honestly were good but they shed. I should have soaked them first.
Anywho, I went to work. Here are the before pictures of it all
I did not paint that beautiful chest. I left it the same lol.
Continue reading “Furniture Rehab!”
Hubby and I go on dates every week. But that can be pricey! So here’s a list of my favorite budget friendly date ideas.
- Ditch fancy restaurants for cheaper favorites. Hubby tried to take me to some restaurant when I was like 8 weeks pregnant for $50 steak. Listen… that’s just not my scene. I like to feel young and happy and like to order without thinking of all the other fabulous things I could have spent this money on – so I made him pack us up and take me to Local Taco so I could get 4 tacos for like $10. Yum!
- Ditch dinner for a dessert date. We love to go out after dinner and hit up Graeters or another ice cream joint for dessert. Really, the best part of the date is talking – we can do that whether we have dinner or not. Before pregnancy, a drink date was also possible
- Be ghetto like me and pack snacks to the movies. Or! The ultimate low price date – put your kids to bed and watch a movie. Pop open a bottle of wine.
- To save on a baby sitter, you can also trade of baby sitting with friends with kids around the same age. Or pair date night with a night when family wants to visit the kids :).
- Last but not least… our favorite date is window shopping at target. Idk why, I just love it and he either loves it or puts up with it because he loves me. Either way it’s bomb.
Don’t feel like you have to spend a lot of money. Just make sure to get the dates in. They’re important!
What’s y’all favorite dates?
Yal know my beezy bee is a picky eater, right? Always has been. And when I was his age I was too so I try to be understanding.
Today I told him we were going to start eating more fruits and veggies. Somehow, from that he translated that we were going to have blueberry cookies.
Soooo I took a peanut butter cookie recipe and modified it and added some blueberries.
About 1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp of Nutella
About 1/4 cup of flour
A splash of water
1 whole banana
Continue reading “Blueberry cookies? Eh.. sure!”
Guys, I have never been more excited to have a baby bump LOL
Let me explain. Before I announced, I was always trying to hide it. And when I was pregnant with LB I just felt big. I thought I got too big too soon. And i wasn’t fit then – so I gained a lot of weight (50 lbs the whole pregnancy, probably 10 of that being in the first trimester). So I felt a little self conscious.
This time around, I’m working out and treating my body right. And guess what? I’ve gained 0 lbs and I’m still BIG for 12 weeks lol. And even though it’s annoying that everyone pops up with the same “are you sure it isn’t twins??” question (yes, I’m sure – you know – by the 2 ultrasounds I’ve already had) – I’m living it up.
I wanted to share some of my favorite looks so far. I’ve been on pinterest getting ideas for weeks so I was READY to rock these LOL.
Pics below the cut
Continue reading “Maternity Style”
As yal may or may not know, my kiddo is 3. He’s wild and all over the place and up until TOMORROW (he starts 2 day a week preschool tomorrow) he’s been home with me FULL TIME since January as I try to run a business, haha. It’s not easy! But it is 100% what I signed up for.
One thing that makes our days enjoyable and helps him stay on point with learning is having activities built in each day. I know, sounds exhausting – BUT it isn’t. I always find stuff that’s quick and easy to set up and he can learn from. Here’s a few of my favorites!
- Shaving Cream Letters – this is my favorite because it’s quick and fairly easy to clean up. It’s self explanatory. I put shaving cream all over the table and we go through the alphabet. Once he’s done – I let him make whatever he wants (which is always a cat car). He LOVES this and it’s so simple.
- Finger Painting – Also self explanatory. I try to draw out simple templates before we start so he can totally ignore them and draw a cat car.
- Nature Walks – It’s basically just a walk, yal. But give it a name and the kids go wild. We go through and point out everything we see (different types of trees, flowers, animals, etc). We usually go about a mile and then end at the park where he plays and then we head home.
- Counting Money – LB has a piggy bank full of change. He loves to dump it out, separate the coins, and then count his money (of course I help with that). It helps with so many skills – organization/sorting, fine motor skills (picking up coins on a flat surface aint easy), and counting!
- Cooking or Baking from a Recipe – Laziest mom activity ever because it’s something I hvae to do so we can survive – I just add him into it haha. This is helpful because even though he can’t read – he can recognize numbers so I have him tell me how many scoops or eggs or whatever we need. I also let him add things. So if you come over for dinner and the food is a little off – blame LB. Haha!
I’m one of the least organized moms EVER KNOWN TO MAN. So if I can come up with a way to keep my kiddo occupied, happy, AND run a business – anyone can.
Any other momma’s out there? What are your favorite activities?
I travel a lot more than usual now that I’m free from my 9-5 (see more details here). One of the hardest things about traveling is that it gets me all off schedule fitness wise. However, I have figured out a way to not ruin all of my progress or fall off the wagon while out of town.
Continue reading “How to stay on track while you’re traveling”
So basically, I been wanting a desk. Like forever and a day. But I haven’t been wanting to spend the money AND I have been afraid to try anything myself.
I got over it this weekend. I quickly hit the peddlers mall and found… no desk (for the price I wanted). I did however find this cute little headboard and and side table for $20 (total, not each) and thought hmmmm… maybe I can do these for the guest room or to sell.
Anywho, got home and went back to facebook marketplace and facebook and FINALLY that next morning I found a desk. It was listed for $20 but I got it for $15. Some of the drawers needed a little work (they were missing the metal piece that stopped them from sliding back too far) but it was solid wood a sturdy and I liked the style. Other than those knobs. I knew they were going from jump.
Yes, I did forget to take a before pic once I got these home but yal know how I am. I was lucky to have these pics lol.
Continue reading “Slight werk – Furniture Edition”