A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to receive a couple of free dresses from Pink Blush Maternity Clothes. I wasn’t expecting much – because maternity clothes just don’t fit me right usually. I always feel like I look like I’m just wearing oversized clothes. But omg, I was so wrong. I got to pick my own items, so I headed straight over to the dresses section and picked two. Check out these dresses:
Not only do they fit perfect – they’re comfortable and have growing room. I’m sure I could wear these up to 40 weeks – the midsection has a lot of give without ever looking stretched out. Also – it’s comfy material. My skin is super sensitive where it’s so stretched, but I didn’t feel itchy or irritated in these AT ALL.
I give them a billion thumbs way way up for allowing me to look sexy and feminine while pregnant because I know it can’t be easy to design maternity clothes that work.
Some people have asked me my tips on styling my bumps – here are my rules:
- Comfy. Being pregnant is uncomfortable enough – my clothes have to be COMFORTABLE.
- Attractive. I still want to look attractive/sexy like I did before I got pregnant. I don’t want pregnancy to turn me into a prude or change my style.
- I don’t like when my boobs and bump blend together making me look like one big mass LOL. I like separation so you can see where my breasts stop and my bump start. That’s why I often wear a belt above my bump – however with these dresses from Pink Blush I definitely didn’t have to. The fit is perfect. I added the belt just for fun.
- I try to jazz everything up with accessories. Scarves, necklaces, jackets, boots. I’m in love with all thigh high boots lately.
- I concentrate on fit AND colors that make my glow (even more than pregnancy does haha). I like bright flashy colors.
- Dress for your new shape! I am typically not a very curvy woman. So with the bump and extra boobs, I’ve been playing with different styles and fits that wouldn’t normally work on my body type.
That’s basically it!
Click to see more pics of the Pink Blush dresses!
Leave a Reply