As yal may or may not know, my kiddo is 3. He’s wild and all over the place and up until TOMORROW (he starts 2 day a week preschool tomorrow) he’s been home with me FULL TIME since January as I try to run a business, haha. It’s not easy! But it is 100% what I signed up for.
One thing that makes our days enjoyable and helps him stay on point with learning is having activities built in each day. I know, sounds exhausting – BUT it isn’t. I always find stuff that’s quick and easy to set up and he can learn from. Here’s a few of my favorites!
- Shaving Cream Letters – this is my favorite because it’s quick and fairly easy to clean up. It’s self explanatory. I put shaving cream all over the table and we go through the alphabet. Once he’s done – I let him make whatever he wants (which is always a cat car). He LOVES this and it’s so simple.
- Finger Painting – Also self explanatory. I try to draw out simple templates before we start so he can totally ignore them and draw a cat car.
- Nature Walks – It’s basically just a walk, yal. But give it a name and the kids go wild. We go through and point out everything we see (different types of trees, flowers, animals, etc). We usually go about a mile and then end at the park where he plays and then we head home.
- Counting Money – LB has a piggy bank full of change. He loves to dump it out, separate the coins, and then count his money (of course I help with that). It helps with so many skills – organization/sorting, fine motor skills (picking up coins on a flat surface aint easy), and counting!
- Cooking or Baking from a Recipe – Laziest mom activity ever because it’s something I hvae to do so we can survive – I just add him into it haha. This is helpful because even though he can’t read – he can recognize numbers so I have him tell me how many scoops or eggs or whatever we need. I also let him add things. So if you come over for dinner and the food is a little off – blame LB. Haha!
I’m one of the least organized moms EVER KNOWN TO MAN. So if I can come up with a way to keep my kiddo occupied, happy, AND run a business – anyone can.
Any other momma’s out there? What are your favorite activities?