A quick pictorial. Prep time – less than 15 mins.
To make it vegan: take out the ground turkey and replace with more beans, peppers and some quinoa (if you’re lazy like me – you can buy this steamable).
- crushed tomatoes
- ground turkey
- bell peppers
- frozen corn
- chili beans
- put chili beans and marinara in a pot and start heating. Brown ground turkey (season it. Idk with what I just be grabbin stuff. Definitely salt and pepper).
2. once ground turkey is cooked, drain and add it to the pot. Add corn (frozen in my case), spinach and chopped peppers to the pan with a little oil to saute. When your spinach starts looking sad – it’s done.
3. While that’s cooking add chili powder to the chili. Idk how much. I just be guessin yal. enough that it tastes good.
4. We on 4? I think so. Add the veggies to the pot.
5. Mix them in
6. Let it simmer. Idk how long – just until it looks like this. I had the heat on like 3 and it maybe took 15 mins? I’ve also done this in a crock pot (keep warm or low setting if I left it all day – high if I was in a hurry).
6. Mix it uppp and serve
I eat this with crackers and cheese (obv skip that if you’re vegan… I should skip it but I’m a heathen). It’s one of my favorite meals because it’s so quick. You can make a ton and make it last all week if you want.
Macros: Last time I added the recipe in myfitnesspal it was 17g carbs, 5.1g fat and 15.4g protein (174 calories). With a pot this size (1.2 oz turkey, 1 can of all canned stuff, just a bit of marinara and a handful of corn/spinach and 3 small peppers) I get like 6 servings
I’m not a cook. I don’t even like to watch food network. I just like to not be hungry, to eat tasty things and to stay fit – so here’s how I do it. Just know that when hubby cooks it’s all organic and made from scratch … when I cook it isn’t! Haha.
Yal interested in more lazygirl recipes?? I don’t mind to share :).
Leave a Reply