If you know anything about me – it’s that I’m all about music. I never get tired of it and could listen all day long. So since I’ve found out we were having a baby – I have been on it as far as planning some labor playlists. I have two – one with upbeat songs and one with relaxing songs. Based off of my moods during labor with LB – this is what I’ll need haha.
I wanted to share what I have so far – but no judgement. Yal know I’m a ratchet.
Continue reading “Labor playlists!”
Updating my maternity fashion! For past weeks click here and here
Basically still avoiding maternity jeans by buying skinny jeans a size up and using a belly band. I also wear a lot of leggings.
Continue reading “Maternity fashion – 31 weeks”
My shake has been a LIFE SAVER this entire pregnancy. When I was nauseous in first trimester – this was 1 healthy meal i could always stomach. It also keeps me from having to take prenatal vitamins and helps a lot with the tummy troubles I have during pregnancy (aka constipation lol). However – I’m no doctor so please do like I do and consult with your OB or midwife before starting any supplements while pregnant.
I’m usually a plain shake girl. In fact most days you can catch me shaking up a chocolate shake in some almond milk or a strawberry shake in water and orange juice. But on those days I have time and want a treat – these are my top 3 recipes 😋.
Continue reading “Favorite shake recipes!”
Who wants to take a peek inside my cloth diaper stash??
This is my first go round with cloth diapers. I wanted to cloth diaper when I was pregnant with LB, but with daycare being a factor and just my overall fear of being a first time mom – I decided not to. This time around I decided to go for it! I get to be home with this baby due to my coaching biz. Plus I believe in the benefits of cloth diapering. Which include:
- SAVINGS. The average family spends about $2400 on disposable diapers from birth to potty training. I personally have spent less than $100 on my cloth diaper stash (I’m crazy thrifty and have been gifted plenty).
- Theyre ADORABLE. I mean really. Look how cute they are.
- Cloth diapered babies tend to potty train sooner (they are more aware of when they are wet).
- Less chemicals. Disposable diapers even SMELL like chemicals to me. Unless you buy the more expensive organic brands, when brings me back to #1.
Idc that I have to wash poop or even touch it. I’m a mom. It’s gonna happen. So anyways – my stash!
I knew I wanted mostly AIO and pocket diapers. These do cost more but they’re also so cute and easier to put on. I was also told to get a bunch of different brands and see what I like once she’s here – so I did. I also built a newborn cloth diaper stash (mostly gifts). Some moms opt to use flats/prefolds (more old fashion style cloth diapers) or disposables until babies can fit into one sized diapers (typically around 8-9 lbs). Newborn diapers typically fit 5-12 lbs.
Enough blabbing. Here’s the goods!:
Continue reading “Cloth diaper stash”
It’s been awhile since I took you through my cloth diaper stash for baby girl. This week I plan on giving a rundown on everything I have – but first I wanted to tell you about these ADORABLE Grovia newborn diapers that they gifted my baby girl. How cute are these?!
These adorable diapers are designed to fit babies 5-10 lbs. they have adjustable snaps to size down/up. Here is a comparison of them sized to different sizes.
It’s an all in on diaper so the soaker pad is sewn in. However unlike some newborn diapers, it’s only sewn on one end. I am guessing this will help it dry a lot faster.
It’s soakers are made of cotton and hemp and the soft interior is microfleece.
These are soooo cute and they look like they’ll fit baby girl perfectly from the time she is born for the first couple of months. Can’t wait to see her in them!
Want some? Check out Grovias diapers here!
Welp, I hired a doula. And i’m really excited about it! But I did want to document and share why I decided to hire a doula. First, I guess I should explain what exactly a doula is for those who don’t know. By definition, a doula is a woman who is trained to assist another woman during childbirth and who may provide support to the family after the baby is born. Doula’s are a support person for mom (and dad!) during labor and delivery. A doula is different than a midwife or OB. They are there to support you and keep you comfortable during labor – not to delivery the baby or make medical evaluations. Different doula’s offer different services but most will help you draft a thorough birth plan, are trained in massages/relaxation/pain mangement techniques, and ensure your birth team (midwife or OB) follow your birth plan and any deviations are explained to you.
So, with all that said – here is why I chose to hire a doula this time.
Continue reading “Why I decided to hire a doula”
If you know anything about me and my fitness journey – you know I love Shaun T. Shaun T is how I started my fitness journey (t25) and he’s also why I became a coach. I love his energy, his personality, his life story – all of him. I’m a fan lol.
So it’s no shock that I’m so excited for his new 20 minute workout program launching in April. The good news? Us VIPs can start on JANUARY 14th! Check it out!
WHAT IS TRANSFORM 20?
Transform :20 is a fast, super-intense fitness program created by Super Trainer Shaun T that will transform your body—and your mind—in just 20 minutes a day over 6 weeks. Be forewarned—it’s hard. But the results will be worth it. Transform :20 is a breakthrough total-body workout without breaks. It’s just you, Shaun T, and a Step. After 5 minutes, you’ll be out of breath, at 10 minutes you’ll be sweating, in 15 minutes you’ll be looking at the clock, and by minute 20 you’ll be done. You’ll blast your core, legs, glutes, and upper body—no weights required (but there are 6 BONUS workouts with weights, YES!) There’s a different workout every day, 6 days a week, done in real time with the cast. No do-overs and no repeats.
Transform :20 is divided into three 2-week chapters: COMMIT, CLIMB, CONQUER. In each chapter, the moves evolve and get harder. Daily Transformer challenges will push you physically, and daily Shaun-Firmations will help get your mind focused and keep you motivated. The Beachbody® Nutrition Guide has been tailored to Transform :20 to make sure you’re getting the nutrients and fuel you need throughout the program to help you achieve your best results. It also explains how to incorporate Portion Fix® or the 2B Mindset™ into your eating plan. Finally, weekly behind-the-scenes videos, “Transform Your Life with Shaun T,” feature Shaun T and the cast as they discuss their own challenges, with the goal of motivating everyone to stay committed and strong.
WHO IS TRANSFORM :20 FOR?
- People with all levels of fitness
- Busy people- this is your official reason to let go of the excuse that you don’t have time to workout, because ANYONE can make time for 20 minutes for their health
- People looking for a simple at-home solution! This was key for me when I started working out because I didn’t want to drag my kids to the gym and get a babysitter and I didn’t have the time to do it all.
- Those needing motivation and support
- Shaun T fans
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN TRANSFORM :20?
- 2 Prep Workouts – Do these before you begin the program to get an idea of what’s to come! You can do those in December in my VIP launch group. We are going to be doing Shaun T’s prep schedule as a group.
- 36 Unique Workouts – Each day has a different 20 minute workout done in real time with no do-overs or repeats to keep you engaged and motivated.
- 6 Bonus Routines – These can be done in addition to your regular workouts or on days off.
- 6 Bonus Weighted Workouts – These full-body workouts utilize dumbbells to take your workout up a notch. I added the weighted workouts when I did round 2 and it was perfect to up my results.
- Transformers – Each workout features three 1-minute physical challenges that repeat weekly. You use the tracking sheet that comes with your kit to write your number of reps for each transformer and the goal is to beat out your number from the week prior.
Materials & Tools
- Get Started Guide- A complete overview of the Transform :20 program and workouts, plus 5 simple steps to do before beginning the program.
- Get Ready To Transform- A video overview of the Transform :20 program and all available materials and tools.
- Step Safety- A video that outlines how to safely use the Step for all moves.
- Beachbody Nutrition Guide- Tailored specifically for Transform :20, this guide will give you a simple, easy-to-follow eating plan along with recipes, food lists, and smart eating tips. This guide also incorporates our nutrition shake, Shakeology – or the performance line (OR BOTH! :)). Shakeology helps you get all your nutrients for the day to fight cravings and keep your body fueled. Performance line includes preworkout/postworkout shakes to help your body recover and prevent soreness.
- 6-Week Transformation Tracker- You can keep track of your fitness, weight goals, and daily workouts. Plus, you’ll get Shaun-Firmations, daily words of wisdom from Shaun T, to help keep you focused and in a positive headspace. Transform :20 is all about transforming body AND mind.
- Wall Calendar/Tracker- (DRY ERASER FRIENDLY!) An overview of each day’s workout with space to track progress and daily Transformer challenges.
- Hybrid Calendar- Follow this calendar if you plan on incorporating the 6 BONUS weighted workouts. It’s the same 6 days a week for 6 weeks schedule with the weighted workouts folded in.
TEST GROUP RESULTS:
Want more info?? Click here to talk to me about getting started! I’d love to do this with you in January!!